When your home is on the market, there are key things you'll want to keep in mind to ensure your home shows its absolute best.
Obviously it should go without saying that the home is neat, clean and picked up. Your agent has probably explained that your home be clutter-free and de-personalized as much as possible.
So, here are SIX of the most important things you, as a seller, can do in preparation for showings by agents with their buyers"
- Be sure there's no "front yard clutter" - no garbage cans, no toys, etc... and no cars, either
- Turn on all the lights - yes, ALL of them... bathrooms, hallways, under-cabinet lights, etc.
- Open all window coverings - you want as much natural light as possible showing in
- Put on some soft Classical or Jazz music - not too loud, but softly in the background
- Ensure there's a fresh scent in the home - ie. Glade plug-ins, potpourri, etc.
- And, most importantly, be sure you (the seller) are NOT present - the buyers will be much more comfortable and take their time looking at the home when the sellers are not there
Here are a few other articles for your reference: